Thursday, July 21, 2011

Have you laughed today?

No, Im not referring to the Laughing Cow Cheese even though its quite delicious. I am referring to the random experiences that we, for some reason or other, find funny.

I love laughing. Love it.

And if i could just take a moment to brag a bit about my laugh. I feel I have a pretty awesome laugh. Not too boisterous, not too cackle-ly, not too soft, not too loud and no strange animal comparisons (i.e.- goose, snake, hyena, banshee). Right now you may be thinking, "How do I laugh?" or more importantly "Do I know anyone that sounds like a witch being boiled in canola oil when they laugh, or perhaps a slithery serpent?" If you do, post a comment and share the love.

I love to hear myself laugh and to hear other people laugh. So naturally, I find occasion to laugh often.

This is a very jungle piece thing to do.

With that said, hear is a list of a couple of things that I have experienced throughout these past weeks that have made me 'split my sides' if you will. My only hope that this list will make you, dear reader, laugh.

1. A week or so ago I was walking through the hospital with my lovely momma. My brother Travis had to stay in the emergency room for two days because of a nasty stomach virus (don't worry, this isn't the funny part) and we were trying to find the exit. Bless our hearts, we struggled to get out of that place. As our journey through the bowels of the hospital continued, I pretended to be a nurse leading my momma to the cafeteria to get some tapioca puddin for her make believe' up-set stomach.' This proved to be very believable on the count of my mom looking tired from staying with my brother all day and me still being in my scrubs from work. I talked loudly and slowly to her. Calling her Sweetie and other appropriated pet names. I had a good laugh, and so did my momma.

2. I read an awesome article on Cleopatra. This may not seem funny, but for some reason I got a kick out of it. IDK.

3. I walked into work one day and decided that i should wish my sister-in-law Jenny a happy birthday. I made her a sign and wished her some of the best wishes ever. It was memorable. But of course, the catch is that Jenny's birthday is September 22nd, not July 20th. I knew this before i put on my show, but i just felt that on that particular day Jenny should experience the special feeling of being wished a Happy Birthday. Jungle pieces follow their heart when it comes to making someone feel special, no matter how off the wall random it is. And i laughed at myself.

4. I work up at the front desk at my Dad's Dental office. I wear scrubs. Everyday we are suppose to wear a specific color. These colors include the entire ROYGBIV spectrum. I have only 3 of the 20 combinations of scrub possibilities. Now, there is no doubt in any patients mind that come through our glass french doors that i do not belong with the rest of the clan. I am merely the summer help, the girl that makes appointments and files charts. Not pathetic, but hilarious. I show up in a lovely peach while the rest of the office is wearing lime green and navy. Each day I like to laugh at this.

5. I called a patient, asking for William. He said there was no William there. I doubted him, i had just called that number and was talking to the same guy. He was William. I knew his voice. It was the same and I was confused that he was denying me from further speaking to him....In short, his name was really James. I was wrong and had to call him back and apologize. The costumer is always right. And i laughed.

These are just a few random experiences that i have enjoyed this week and will always remember.

Has anything made you laugh recently? I would love to laugh too.

No comments:

Post a Comment