Heaven help me...
For me, I felt that being "a blogger" was a pretty hefty commitment. So naturally I waited till the time was right to start my very own blog. Unfortunately, I didn't know that the time would hit me at 2:00 in the morning. Anywho here I am. So is there a blog warming party that needs to be held? Should I prepare jello and finger delights for such an occasion? If so, please kind viewer, let me know. I would hate to be out of the loop on proper blogger etiquette. Anywho, the purpose of this blog is to inform the public about the goings-ons of jungle pieces in the arctic. Say What? Let me explain. You see, the world is filled with different types of people; just like a puzzle shoppe is filled with different types of puzzle pieces. Well, there are those in the world who are more practical, straightforward, and realistic. This, in puzzle piece form, would be a desert landscape or perhaps a computer keyboard. Something with slight variation and plenty consistency. There are those who are shy and keep to themselves. More introverted. These chaps, in puzzle piece form, would be those I Spy puzzle. Its the kind of puzzle where a lot is going on, but you may miss what you are looking for (like the cherry red Popsicle stick) amongst all the cracker jacks, bobby pins, Lego's, and cold french fires. Make sense? So, there can be countless of classifications of people and puzzle pieces. But I want to share about one in particular. And that would be the Jungle pieces who feel like they are stuck in the arctic. A jungle piece offers variety, but not too much. The puzzle provides enough interest with the toucan in the tree and the various greens in the foliage to hold your attention, but not to the point of overwhelming you. A jungle piece is slightly goofy and crazy (i mean come on, its a jungle out there) but they have a specific place amongst there own kind. Of course, i personally believe that there is a jungle piece in every one, but some jungle pieces find themselves in the arctic. A world of slight variation and color. Of little life, laughter, lollipops, and lemurs. So, what is a jungle piece to do? Well, I'll tell you. In the following blog posts. Yes you guessed it. My name is Lindsey Owens and I am a jungle piece stranded in the arctic. "I am broadcasting on all AM frequencies. I will be at the South Street Seaport everyday at mid-day, when the sun is highest in the sky. If you are out there... if anyone is out there... I can provide food, I can provide shelter, I can provide security. If there's anybody out there... anybody... please. You are not alone" (I am Legend) .
What puzzle piece would you be?
I need a shout out for being your 1st commentator! Okay...puzzles...I think I would be one of those pieces that is a part of those crazy puzzles that have a puzzle on both sides, you know city scape on one side and a rose bush on the other...
ReplyDeleteWoohoo Lis! Hmmm a two sided puzzle, very interesting my sister. Both sides juxtapose each other in a severe way and the viewer would have a slim chance in putting one or the other side of the puzzle together without losing their mind. But I love the contrast! and I think this two sided thing fits most people. Interesting indeed...although on the same token both sides are strangely similar. The constancy of the city scape matches with the consistent pink and red rose buds in a mass of green leaves. Both sides are different in there own right and subject, but also have a stream of a likeness. Definitely over analyzed that, but I guess that's what you do on a 6 and a half hour drive to columbus ohio.
ReplyDeleteI must say, for a first post, I am very impressed. Also, blogging etiquette is non-existant ... but as long as you are using the word "shoppe" regularly (and other words like faerie and theatre and such) ... you automatically qualify for top blogging etiquette honors. Cheers.
ReplyDeleteWhy thank you Sarah. Hey i just had a great idea, now that we are blogger buddies i think we should get matching mood rings...of course they would only be matching when we are in the same mood.
ReplyDelete