Monday, July 11, 2011

What to eat when you are 1,872 miles away from the nearest EarthFruits.

Jungle pieces love earthfruits.

Its a given.

For those of you who dont know what an "earthfruit" is, just think back to the greatest frozen yogurt you have ever had. Now, multiply that by 1,000 and add fruity pebbles. Wait .5 seconds for the reality of sheer awesomeness to sink in and you have earthfruits.

I love earthfruits with a passion hotter than 12 ghost chilies...but unfortunately, even though the south is a piece of Gods 'Heaven on Earth' it does not have an earthfruits establishment. And so my soul has to hunger for yester-year.

So. Although, my sweet tooth subistutes may pale in comparison to the sweet necture of earthfruits, I must do the best I can under such circumstances.

What Jungle Pieces Do When They Are 1,872 Miles Away From Earthfruits:

1. Blue Bunny Yogurt bar. This is a great alternative to a chilled sweet fix. Clocking in at only 100 calories the Blue Bunny Yogurt Bar has saved me many a times from raiding the cookie jar. Jungle Pieces are resourceful, clever, and will always look for the silver lining in every situation.

2. Plain Jane Yogurt. Vanilla Yoplait knows how to calm those dasterdly sugar/sweet attacks when they come...especially when you add graham crackers for that much needed crunch.

3. Apple. An apple a day keeps the doctor away....actually, to tell you the truth im really ashamed of this one. i mean, an apple!? how boring!! Not jungle piece material at all.

4. Buried Treasure. So. I LOVE cereal. Alot. And to make it fun I like to mix my cereals. I hardly ever eat just one kind of cereal. The concept behind Buried Treasure is that, you may have a bowl full of healthy special K or Honey Bunches of Oats, but floating beneath the surface lies fruit loops, oreo pieces, cookie bits, poptarts, anything thing that will go in milk basically. Its breakfast and dessert and its coming to a grocery store near you.

5. Cookies. So whenever the Blue Bunny dont cut it i go for golden oreos...my fav.

You may be wondering, "Man. What a weird post"...

Yes. Yes it is.

This is what happens when you have the security of having free frozen yogurt for a year and then you use up all your tickets in 8 months.

What is your favorite sweet treat? I obviously need some new creative ideas.

6 comments:

  1. I forgot you won that contest!

    PS I'm a cereal mixer too. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh. my. word.
    i like you, a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know this girl who hides one chocolate chip in her concoction of jello, fruits snacks and cool whip and then invites friends over to find it. Well, so she claims, but I think it's a hoax.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey now, I know i put that chocolate chip in there. Some people just aren't ready for buried treasure. Too many complex layers to handle. It can be overwhelming for the faint of heart ;)

    Love chocolate chips, especially dark chocolate! One of my favs definitely.

    Martin whats your favorite cereal combo?

    Gracie im so glad you approve of my blog. I didnt know you were a blogger. I want to be on your "followers" list and you can be on mine. And then we need to purchase each other ring pops to seal the deal i think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sissy,
    i will have to say anything hershey.

    ReplyDelete